Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oliver and S popover dresses

My next project was two popover dresses. This is an easy pattern- in 4 hours I managed to cut out and make two of them.
I got to try out my Clover bias tape maker. I love these little gadgets as they give such a professional look.
I did find the dresses quite wide at the shoulders so could have made the dresses a size smaller.
I did the internal seams as french seams and edged the babushka doll dress with lace. The girls gave them a whirl the next morning at the zoo . Note the white tiger prowling in the background.

1 comment:

  1. I adore babushka russian dolls on clothes ... Awww, love the combination with spots and detail on the toke!

    I love how the girls are posing :) Very natural!

    Great work, glad you enjoyed using your bias maker as well :)