Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oliver & S Lazy days skirts

For my next project I decided to try this easy pattern that can be downloaded form the Oliver & S website for free. http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2008/08/lazy-days-skirt-free-pattern.html I love the detailing at the hem.
I admit this fabric choice was inspired by another skirt on the flickr site for Oliver and S but I just loved the combination. My big mistake was to cut the Grosgrain ribbon before attaching as when I sewed, the fabric stretched and on one end was a fraction short requiring me to sew on bit extra which looks slightly untidy. My advice leave a long price or cut afterwards.
I also made these cute little flower hair ties inspired by this
http://sew-blessed.blogspot.com/2008/04/fabric-flower-tutorial.html


They were so cute and quick and easy to run up. One tip make sure is a wide running stitch, I did a nor row one on my first attempt and would not gather up as tightly and then the centre was too big for the button. Next time I would also use a slightly bigger button at the centre. I made covered buttons in matching fabric. Would also be great for decorating clothing or craft projects

3 comments:

  1. I love the flower hair ties. That looks fantastic. You've really inspired me now! You've also inspired me with the lazyday skirts - will have to add them to the list. What a productive lot of sewing you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower is gorgeous!! (and goes really well with the skirt!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW CUTE are those skirts!!! Love the hair flower too! Razzle Dazzle! Love iT!

    ReplyDelete